In Toronto, many people need help with squirrel removal in their homes. These little guys might look adorable, but they can chew on wires and damage your place. The good news is, there’s a solution. Pestong specializes in gently moving these squirrels out. We know just what to do to keep your home safe and give tips to stop squirrels from coming back. Plus, our team is super friendly and understands how stressful these critters can be. We’ll handle everything carefully, ensuring your home stays cozy and squirrel-free. If you’re dealing with squirrels, this is your way to a peaceful, squirrel-free home.
Why Squirrels are Problem?
Squirrels finding their way into your home is more than just a minor annoyance. These small creatures are known for gnawing on things, and electrical wires are one of their favorites. This can be risky, leading to electrical failures or even dangerous house fires. Besides that, they can also cause a lot of structural damage. They chew on wood beams and insulation, weakening the very structure of your home. Their constant scratching and running can be quite loud, especially in the quiet of the night, disturbing your peace and sleep.
Another big problem with squirrels in your home is the health risks they carry. They leave droppings and urine, spreading diseases and attracting other unwanted pests. These droppings can also cause unpleasant smells and stains. And when they build their nests, they often use materials like torn insulation, which can further damage your home. If you find squirrels in your home, acting quickly is important. You need a safe and effective solution to eliminate them and prevent them from returning. We offer professional help to deal with these pesky invaders and repair any damage they may have caused, making your home safe and peaceful again.
Signs of Squirrel Infestation
If you’re noticing any of the following signs around your home, they could indicate a squirrel infestation:
- Unusual Noises: Listen for sounds like scratching or scampering in your attic or walls, particularly during early mornings or evenings. These noises can be quite loud and persistent, indicating active squirrel movement.
- Property Damage: Check for chewed wires, holes in walls or roof, and damaged insulation, as these are common signs of squirrel activity. Squirrels can cause significant damage to your home’s electrical and structural integrity.
- Visible Nests: Look for nests made of twigs, leaves, and torn insulation, especially in attics or nearby trees. These nests can be quite large and are often a clear sign of a squirrel’s presence.
- Droppings: Small, dark droppings in your attic or around your home are a clear indication of squirrels. These droppings can be hazardous to health and should be cleaned up carefully.
- Gnaw Marks: Noticeable gnaw marks on wood, siding, or even on outdoor furniture can be a sign of squirrel presence. These marks are a result of their constant need to gnaw to keep their teeth sharp.
- Footprints: In dusty areas like attics, you might find small footprints with four toes, indicating squirrels. These footprints are often accompanied by tail drag marks.
- Food Debris: Squirrels may leave behind food debris like nut shells or remnants of fruits and vegetables. This debris can often be found in hidden or secluded areas like attics or near entry points.
- Insulation Damage: Look for signs of torn or disturbed insulation, as squirrels use this material to build their nests. This damage can lead to loss of energy efficiency in your home.
- Odor: A strong, musky odor in your home, especially in areas like attics, can indicate a squirrel infestation. This odor comes from their urine and droppings.
- Sighting: Actually seeing squirrels entering or exiting your home is the most definitive sign of an infestation. Frequent sightings, especially during the day, can indicate a serious problem.
Identifying these signs early can help in addressing a squirrel infestation more effectively. If you notice several of these signs, it’s advisable to seek our professional assistance to remove the squirrels and prevent further damage. Regular inspections, especially in vulnerable areas like attics and roofs, can help in early detection and control of squirrel infestations.
To prevent future squirrel infestations, consider the following tips:
- Seal Entry Points: Inspecting and sealing all potential entry points is crucial, as even small gaps can allow squirrels access. Use durable materials to prevent squirrels from chewing through. Regularly check for new openings or damage to previously sealed areas, especially after severe weather.
- Remove Food Sources: Cleaning fallen fruits and securing garbage bins is essential. Use squirrel-proof bird feeders and avoid outdoor pet food. Removing any standing water sources that may attract squirrels and other wildlife is also a good idea.
- Trim Trees and Bushes: Keep branches and bushes well-trimmed and away from your house. Squirrels are excellent jumpers, so maintaining a significant distance between trees and your home is vital. Regular landscaping can significantly reduce their access to your home.
- Secure Garbage Bins: Use heavy lids and locks on garbage bins to deter squirrels. Store bins inside a shed or garage if possible, and clean the area regularly to prevent food residues that might attract squirrels.
- Install Squirrel Guards: Use guards on poles and electrical lines to prevent squirrels from climbing or walking on them. These devices effectively restrict squirrels’ movement around and onto your property.
- Use Squirrel Repellents: Apply natural repellents like peppermint oil or predator urine around your property. Consider electronic repellents for a long-term solution, but remember to check and maintain these devices regularly.
- Regular Inspections: Inspect particularly during season changes to detect early signs of squirrels. Check attics, roofs, and other common entry points for any signs of infestation or damage.
- Maintain a Clean Yard: A tidy yard reduces hiding spots for squirrels. Store firewood off the ground, and keep the garden free of debris. Regular yard maintenance can go a long way in deterring squirrels.
- Close Chimneys and Vents: Secure your chimneys and vents with caps and covers. Ensure these are of sturdy materials and properly fitted to prevent squirrels from finding a way in.
- Educate Your Neighborhood: Collaborating with neighbors can increase the effectiveness of your squirrel prevention efforts. Sharing knowledge and strategies can help the entire community manage squirrel populations more effectively.
- Avoid Attracting Squirrels: Be mindful of features in your yard that might attract squirrels. This includes decorative elements like bird baths or certain types of plants that might provide food or shelter for them.
- Professional Consultation: If you’re unsure about how to squirrel-proof your home, consider consulting our professionals. We can provide personalized advice and solutions tailored to your specific situation.
Incorporating these strategies into your routine can significantly reduce the risk of a squirrel infestation, helping maintain a peaceful and safe environment at your home.
Our Squirrel Removal Services
We offer a comprehensive approach to dealing with squirrel infestations. Here’s a detailed look at our methods:
- Professional Assessment and Identification Our team conducts a detailed inspection to determine the extent of the infestation. We identify key signs of squirrel presence, such as gnawing marks, droppings, and entry points. This initial assessment is critical to developing an effective removal strategy.
- Humane Removal Methods Pestong uses safe and humane traps to capture squirrels without harming them. We employ live traps and one-way doors that allow squirrels to leave but not re-enter. Our methods ensure the safety of both the animals and your family.
- Sealing and Proofing After removing the squirrels, we focus on preventing future invasions. This includes sealing off entry points and repairing any damage to your property. Our team also advises on maintenance practices to keep squirrels away.
- Cleaning and Sanitization We thoroughly clean and sanitize areas affected by squirrels to eliminate health hazards. Our cleaning process includes removing droppings, urine, and any contaminated insulation, followed by sanitization to ensure a healthy living environment.
- Expert Advice for Prevention Pestong provides valuable tips and strategies to prevent future squirrel infestations. We offer advice on landscaping, securing food sources, and other preventive measures to keep your property squirrel-free.
- Comprehensive Wildlife Management Besides squirrels, we manage a variety of wildlife issues. Our team is equipped to handle raccoons, birds, and other common wildlife, offering a holistic approach to pest control.
- Customer-Focused Service With over 17 years of experience, we prioritize customer satisfaction and offer reliable, affordable solutions. Our team is known for its efficient, customer-centric service approach.
- Environmentally Friendly Approach Our methods are environmentally responsible, ensuring the safety of your family and pets. We use the latest, eco-friendly products for effective and safe wildlife control.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Support Pestong provides ongoing support and monitoring services. We ensure that the squirrels do not return, and our team is always available for follow-up consultations and services.
- Education and Community Engagement We believe in educating our customers about wildlife and their behavior. Our team provides resources and information to help the community understand and coexist with wildlife responsibly.
By choosing Pestong for squirrel removal, you’re not only solving your current problem but also protecting your property from future wildlife issues. Our experienced team ensures a safe, effective, and humane resolution to your squirrel infestation.
Why Choose Pestong?
We’re proud of our reputation in Toronto as a top-notch pest control service. With a team of highly experienced professionals, we specialize in effectively managing and eradicating a wide range of pests, including bed bugs, raccoons, mice, rats, and cockroaches. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in our impressive 5-star rating based on 340 reviews. We’re an insured and government-licensed company, providing the most reliable and professional pest control solutions tailored to your specific needs.
To effectively stop squirrels from nesting in your home in Toronto, it’s crucial to identify signs early and seek professional squirrel removal services. Taking preventative measures to secure your home will safeguard against future infestations. If you’re dealing with a squirrel problem, you can contact our reputable wildlife control service in Toronto for safe and effective solutions. Remember, dealing with squirrels quickly and humanely is key to preventing extensive damage and potential health risks. Regular monitoring and maintenance can also ensure your home remains squirrel-free.
How can I tell if squirrels are building a nest in my home?
Look for signs like unusual noises in the attic, chewed wires, or droppings.
What are effective methods for squirrel removal in Toronto?
Humane traps and professional wildlife control services are recommended.
Can I prevent squirrels from entering my home?
Yes, by sealing entry points, removing food sources, and trimming tree branches near your home.
Are there any risks associated with squirrels in my home?
Yes, they can cause electrical and structural damage and may carry diseases.