Everyone who owns a home probably has the same phobia of seeing a cockroach. Most of the time, the sight of only one roach is enough to have a homeowner call a pest control company like Pestong Pest control. That is a reasonable response. It’s a wise and necessary course of action.
The cockroach is one of the most dreaded household pests, and for a good reason—they multiply and disperse quickly. These unwelcome insects hide under the sink, refrigerator, kitchen drawers, bathroom cabinets, plumbing lines, and other dark areas.
Making your home uninviting intruders may be challenging, given that they are always hunting for food, drink, and cover. Because they pose a risk to human health and safety, cockroaches are dreadful.
According to studies, cockroaches can disperse at least 33 different kinds of disease-causing germs and viruses. Examples include Escherichia coli, the cause of dysentery. Poliomyelitis, the precursor of polio, and Salmonella typhi cause typhoid.
Cockroach Infestation Identification
Sometimes You See A Roach
Cockroaches are primarily nocturnal insects, which means they are only active at night. If you encounter a problem during the day, the chance that you will have a significant problem on your hands rises. This is due to the fact that they are more likely to venture outside even when there is plenty of light, partly because there are so many other people around. They must spend the day outdoors because food is scarce. It’s important to remember that even dead roaches might be a sign of a long-lasting infestation.
Your Stuff Has Roach Poop
Cockroaches consume a wide range of organic substances, such as trash, animal and plant waste, dead skin, and decaying plant matter and insects. Because of their extremely quick metabolism, they can devour a lot of food. This means that one of the most evident signs of an infestation is cockroach feces. Roach droppings can appear as little brown specks on your belongings or as enormous oval pellets that resemble crushed coffee. Be sure to look behind the stove, in the refrigerator, and wherever else they might have access to food or food crumbs.
Oothecae, the scientific name for cockroach eggs, resemble amorphous, oblong brown casings and have a thin, paper-like quality. In safe, dark spaces, cockroaches frequently give birth to young. If you find breeding, the situation is probably out of control. With today’s technology, eradicating a pest infestation has never been simpler. On the other side, finding roach eggs gives you the opportunity to take quick action to stop the infestation before it causes more damage to you and your loved ones.
Your Home Stinks
If you sense a strange, aromatic order in your home that seems to be increasing stronger every day, contact Pestong Pest Control right away. As cast skins and cockroach faeces decompose into oleic acid when exposed to airborne microorganisms, they may be to blame for the stink. In addition to contaminating food, the airborne particles can also make breathing difficult.
If you think you might have an infestation, call Pestong Pest control right away. You shouldn’t attempt to resolve this on your own. Both the cockroach infestation and its eradication were not overnight phenomena. All through the year, your house will be free of roaches and other unwelcome guests thanks to Pestong Pest control preventative pest control services.
The Homecare Green program from Pestong Pest control can treat more than 55 common household pests, including cockroaches. Every three months, this procedure can eliminate and prevent cockroach infestations. If there is ever a problem, we guarantee that you will be completely satisfied with our service, and we will return between visits for no additional charge.
By taking the following precautions, you can decrease the threat cockroaches pose to your health in the interim:
- Particularly if you are in a region where cockroaches are an issue, avoid putting any food out overnight.
- If you discover roach droppings in your kitchen, put all food storage containers, utensils, jars, etc. in the dishwasher before opening them.
- Clothing that is wet or damp shouldn’t be put in the hamper.
- Try to keep in mind to empty the garbage can frequently. The likelihood that bugs can reproduce and spread is decreased the faster the rubbish is cleaned.
- If the cockroach infestation has gotten to the point where there is a weird odor lingering inside the house, wear a surgical mask until the place is properly cleansed.
The best defence against a cockroach invasion is to maintain high standards of hygiene. Follow these measures to get rid of these harmful intruders from your home:
- By keeping your home clean, you can prevent cockroach infestations. Regular dishwashing, surface cleaning, and cleanup of food spills are all included in this.
- Keep up a regular cleaning and disinfection schedule for your bathroom cabinets, kitchen drawers, and pantry.
- Remember to clean those hard-to-reach areas when cleaning, such as behind the range, fridge, dishwasher, and toaster.
- Perishables should be stored in sealed containers. Transfer pet food to plastic containers rather than keeping it in cardboard boxes, which serve as a breeding ground for insects.
- Place your garbage in a container with a tight-fitting lid and distant from your home.
- Leaky pipes and damaged water lines are a major source of cockroaches, so it’s crucial to keep an eye out for them and fix them if you see them.
- Make sure all entrances are tightly shut to keep roaches out of your house.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Pestong Pest management as soon as possible to set up an inspection and treatment if you suspect that cockroaches are breeding in hidden or dark corners of your home or if they have already infested it. Roaches indeed have a bad reputation, and this reputation is not entirely unfounded. Don’t take them on by yourself.